Journal Entry #4

So this Maker Bot site seems to have a lot of cool creations and creators. With 55 different topics on the site, everyone should find something they would be truly interested in seeing. For me, the topics I went straight to were 3D imaging, 3D printing, and gaming. I kind of skimmed through the 3D stuff because I was really interested in the gaming topic. When I got to the gaming topic, I saw something that my eyes widen. It was the Keyglove. According to the Maker Bot site, “The Keyglove is a wearable, wireless, open-source input device, providing unprecedented flexibility and convenience for gaming, design, art, music, data entry, device control, and 3D object manipulation using touch points and motion sensors”. In my own words, I say its a glove that acts like a wireless controller to control anything you want to do on a computer such as a mouse, motion stuff and gaming controls. I’m not going to lie, when I first saw this glove, I immediately thought of the Power Glove, but lets not talk about that abomination. The website for the Keyglove has a better description of what it does and how awesome it looks on your hand. Here’s the website.

http://www.keyglove.net/

Here is also a video showing a demo of the Keyglove.

Keyglove Demo Video

3 Responses to Journal Entry #4

1. Philip Zak says:

the glove reminds me of Leap Motion. except the glove has the keyboard feature, which is cool. but I feel like using the glove as a keyboard wouldn’t be as smooth as using an actual keyboard.

2. ibn4course says:

I think that that is awesome, and you will have a good time making one of your own. I think that this is sophisticated stuff and the type of technology that is innovating in physical computing. Its like sign language that the computer understands.

3. I wanted to do my journal entry on this but decided not to because I didn’t want to feel like I was a copy-cat. Either way, this is probably one of the most awesome things on the site and I’m jealous that you were the one who was able to do this one.