Week 4 Journal

When I first saw a 3D printer, I thought it was the coolest thing ever. While looking through the Maker Faire site, one project stood out to me and that was a 3D printer that can basically print chocolate, Chocolate 3D Printer. When I googled the project, I found a blog, that was discussing how the same printer is being used in labs for medical use.

To me, the idea of a 3D printer is just incredible, however, I am a little skeptical on creating chocolate using a 3D printer. I am sure the printer will have no problem with creating sculptures. My problem would be the taste of the chocolate. I am all for trying new things, but I think I maybe a little hesitant trying chocolate from a 3D printer.

One Response to Week 4 Journal

1. Michelle K says:

The idea of a chocolate 3D printer is interesting, because, as everything gets more automated, that might be how our chocolate gets made. If we can just mass produce 3D printers instead of making specialized robots for each type of food we need, that might be the way food manufacturing goes in the future.