Little Trip to Chinatown

Today is Sunday, Me and my sister Laura decided to check the Chinatown area in Paris. We both craving for asian food since yesterday, so we found out there are few restaurants that we can visit in the area. I got two restaurants from Prof Hoffman’s Guide to Paris 2016 located in Tolbiac, which the chinatown is in Paris. We planned to go to Niwanna, a Korean barbecue restaurant without realizing that many places are closed on Sunday. However, even though I know that the place that we wanted to go is closed on Sunday, we decided to check the area anyway.

Photo Jun 05, 10 20 20 PM

So we took the Metro 13 from our place to Gare Montparnasse, then we transferred to Metro 6 toward Nation and stop at Place d’Italie. Then we transferred again to Metro 7 toward Mairie d’Ivry, one stop and we got off on Tolbiac.

Photo Jun 05, 6 34 47 PM

We started walking the neighborhood, without any directions, just trying to browse the area and see if there is any restaurant that open today. Apparently, we see many restaurants that still open today, and Laura found the Vietnamese restaurant that she went last year. She said the food was ok and the price is reasonable. So I agree to her to go back to that restaurant. The name is Pho Banh Cuon 14.

Photo Jun 05, 6 25 04 PM

We ordered the spring rolls and also the main dish that they have which is the Pho. I ordered the special Pho which is the noodle soup that includes the rare and cook sliced beef, beef meatball, tripe and also the tendon. Laura ordered the regular pho which was the noodle soup with the beef meatball.

Photo Jun 05, 6 00 39 PMIMG_4884

All the food that we ordered cost us about €30 which a little bit more expensive compare to New York for Pho restaurants. Overall the food were okay, the soup was tasty and delicious, but the spring roll just about right, I expected more taste in the inside.

After we full with the pho, we saw that many people passed by drinking bubble tea, so we tried to find the bubble tea store. Apparently its only few stores away from the restaurant. So we got bubble tea as our dessert!

Photo Jun 05, 6 28 50 PM