Thomas Ahrens International Work/Study Programs—-Paris

active 16 hours, 48 minutes ago
This Project is OPEN.
School / Office
Professional Studies
Hospitality Management
Project Description

Selected Hospitality Management students take part in an exchange program with students from Universite d’Evry during the month of June. This project presents first hand, the business of tourism, hotel management, cuisine and culture to our hospitality students at City Tech. During these 3 weeks our students are based in Paris and have had visits and conferences that included the Hotel de Ville, Rungis Market, Hotel George V, Patisserie Lenotre, Moet et Chandon in Champagne, Restaurant Le Grand Colbert, La Coupole and Le Vefour. Culture is investigated through the everyday experiences of living in Paris. Cuisine is formerly practiced in several culinary schools and informally experienced through day to day market shopping, tastings and restaurant dining. Each year students work on various walking tour assignments and have presented historic and cultural tours of various sites in Paris.

June 16

Today a few of us decided to go to Catacombs. The line was long but it moved quickly. For our tour […] See MoreJune 16

On the street of Paris June 15

Today, for the first time since I have been in this country, I venture out on my own to explore […] See MoreOn the street of Paris June 15

Pullmans Hotel Tour

Today, the TAIWSP students went on a hotel tour with Professor Pericles. The students met […] See MorePullmans Hotel Tour

Thank you for your Open Lab postings and Photos!!!! I can feel the Paris air and smell the sweet […] See More

All good things come to a closing point. I have always appreciated the term, au revoir. It […] See More

How lucky you all are. Barrels of wine remind me of a visit to southern France. On the way from […] See More

Sorry, there were no discussion topics found.