Landing an Internship

This is my first experience finding and applying for a design internship. I reached out to the Chairman for a potential internship opportunity with the organization. It is located here in NY, however the internship I am applying to will be remote via communication platforms. The chairman is the founder of the non-profit organization which began in 2008. The founder strives to improve economic and civic life for all within the community. With the help of donations and partnering with major companies such as CHASE and NYFD, this organization is able to provide many services to the people. The chairman engages with our youth within the community by visiting high schools and sharing his journey creating Unity for Equality.

After looking into what the organization stands for, I had a chance to speak over the phone shortly after I reached out via email. Together, we discussed their beginning stages of putting together the organization and the values behind it overall. They shared with me the goals they have and their education prior to beginning this journey.

Overall, they are determined to make better change for the community, one step at a time. From there, we began the onboarding process. I am currently waiting for the final steps to get into contact with the Communications and Marketing Department. I look forward to joining the team!