Ethics in Design 1

Designed by Freepik

Part A

A designers responsibility is to always respect the clients, the public, and the environments ethical values. As I embark in my first experience working as a design associate for a cause, I must reflect these values through the work I present for the organization I am serving.

Specifically, the non-profit organization I work with aims to provide support the community; financially and socially and legal assistance. In comparison to a profited company, I believe it is especially important for myself to follow AIGA guidelines when designing for an organization that serves the everyday person. “A professional designer shall consider environmental, economic, social and cultural implications of his or her work and minimize the adverse impacts.”

Part B

The purpose and intentions behind any digital media and designing for a non-profit is that it is meant to serve all people and society, without any profit in return. There is no motive to make people buy anything, but simply to interact with the community and provide support. This is a guideline that I must follow when creating designs for the social media platforms; to be inclusive and unifying.

Another guideline all designers must be conscientious about would be the proper credit to all other works used to inspire or take part in ones design. There should be legal permission to use others designs and ideas. I have not needed to sign any non-disclosure agreements for my current Internship.

Citation

“AIGA Standards of Professional Practice.” AIGA, www.aiga.org/resources/aiga-standards-of-professional-practice. Accessed 25 Apr. 2024.