First Project

I am in communication with the team and have been asked to organize content ideas onto an Agenda for the month of March. This consists of the calendar for March, where I plan and organize a minimum of 3 content pieces per week to be shared on all platforms for the organization; Instagram, X (formerly known as Twitter), Facebook and LinkedIn. At first, I was not sure what the task entailed, however, I asked questions and got some feedback to situate myself to start.

A realization that I had during this process, was that although I am great with taking directions and completing, I believe initiative is also a well sought out quality from employers. I do believe putting yourself out there to research what one is asking of you, giving a sample, and improving is part of the process of interning and perhaps part of working as a designer overall. When I asked questions, and I still wasn’t sure after receiving answers and some help, I figured I would give it a shot anyway and go from there. I think that initiative is what differentiates one designer from another who just follows as told. I will update on how this first task goes and the feedback I receive from my performance on the next discussion or on my OpenLab blog. Ex: