Michael Cannetti | OL15 11310 | Summer 2021

Homework Monday 6/21/2021

This assignment is for you to assess your movie project and ask yourself three questions.

You must post the answers in the chat below.

1. What can I film if I can’t film everything at the same time?
  2. If my script calls for something more challenging than I initially thought, how can I reimagine the story or parts of the story to film it.?
  3. What else do I need for the story that I don’t have yet or didn’t have in the script? Props, Actors, Locations, Equipment, etc.

This assignment is due before the start of class on Tuesday 6/22/2021.

You must post your answers in the chat below for credit.

1. Yiqiang Wang

1. In my film, I often shoot the same thing from different angles. When I edit, I will edit different angles together, which can better express the expression of the actors and make the film less monotonous. But I only have one camera to shoot, so I will let the actors repeat one thing, and then shoot from different angles. This is my way, but if you have more than one camera, it will be better to shoot, which will be more coherent.

2. I think when writing a script, we should consider some things we need, such as location and props, because sometimes location and props have a great influence on the whole story. But if I have no way to solve the problem of location and props, I think I will use some words to explain or through some decoration to make a place look like the scene we need.

3. I think everything I need is ready. I Just wait for my friends to be free and I can shoot.I think it’s very important to communicate when shooting a film. For example, we need to make an appointment with the actors, we need to explain to the actors that character’s feelings and when we need special scenes to shoot, we also need to communicate with the person in charge of the scenes.

• Michael Cannetti

Great job!
      Thank you for sharing.

-Michael Cannetti

2. Darren Le

Thank you, your questions helped me realize what I can do next
    1. If I can’t film everything at the same time then I can film separated clips and make transitional effect to connect them together. At the same time, if I have more than one camera, the shooting will be better and it will be more consistent from different angles.
    2. If there is something more challenging than I initially imagined, I would improvise part of the story by adding text and graphic effects to the movie. Most importantly, I need to tell the actors in the movie or play their roles.
    3. I have prepared enough equipment, such as a stand-up tripod and noise-canceling speakers. I have my location, but I try to find free time on weekdays to have more privacy to shoot. There will be only me and 1 more person in the short movie so, I need to wait for them to be available. I see that my biggest challenge is setting up more space to record indoor.

• Michael Cannetti

Great work!

Thank you for sharing.

-Michael Cannetti

3. Faye Wang

1. I will try as much footage as I can by places. In my script, I segregate my story line into three scenes: bedroom, kitchen and supermarket. I will have my actress finish bedroom and kitchen scenes in a day since they were filmed indoor. I will film with different angles to make sure I don’t have to reshoot.

2. Something that I found challenging is that my actress has camera fear and felt nervous while facing the camera. Due to the limitation of the shooting time, I decided to not give her any line and have her demonstrate body language throughout the story.

3. I need to reinforce the transmission between the scenes. This is something that I didn’t consider in writing the script but it is essential when editing the films.

-Xiaofei Wang

• Michael Cannetti

Great stuff.

Thank you for sharing!

-Michael Cannetti

4. Xavier laws

1. I have my room and Living room for my scenes if I can’t go any where else to film.
    2. The uses of proper or changing the subject of the shot can help cover miss ground for the story.
    3. I don’t know the process of how to record a voice with my phone and then getting on premiere pro.

• Michael Cannetti

Nice work!

Thank you for sharing.

-Michael Cannetti

5. Yessica

1. I can film the scenes of the staircase where no actors are present. Also the scene that takes place in the bedroom.
    2. I’ve realized that it may be hard to film my dog in some of the scenes since she might not always be where I want her to be so I can just film her separately. Instead of have a wide view angle of my brother playing his game and my dog on the bed.
    3. I have all the equipment I need for now including microphones that I can use when my brother talks and yells while playing his game in the script.

• Michael Cannetti

Terrific job.

Thank you for sharing.

-Michael Cannetti

6. Alvaro Panozo

1. I can film my living room and bedroom if I can’t go anywhere else.
    2. I can always change the script and improvise. Since my story is supposed to be funny, I feel like it’s easier to come up with funny ideas.
    3. I have the props, the actor, and the location. So I’m good in equipment.

• Michael Cannetti

Awesome!

Thank you for sharing.

-Michael Cannetti

7. Andres Nunez

1. I can film the scene where only I’m included such as heading back to my room or the opening scenes.
    2. Having to rewrite my script shouldn’t be a challenge because I think for the most part the scene can stay the same but the characters might have to change.
    3. I have a film scene with my cousins but that shouldn’t be a challenge because they are coming over today so I should be able to get all the scenes I need.

• Michael Cannetti

Great job!

Thank you for sharing.

-Michael Cannetti

8. Cameron Scotland

1.) I can film b-roll footage if I can’t do everything at the same time.

2.) I don’t think this applies much to me as my script is not particularly challenging; it’s actually why I chose this one over my other two loglines, I figured this would be the easiest to capture while still being interesting.

3.) I have all my actors, locations, and equipment ready. I’m shooting solely from my house with my camera and using my brothers as actors so they’re always here and ready.

• Michael Cannetti

Awesome!

Thank you for sharing.

-Michael Cannetti

9. Jonathan Clement

What can I film if I can’t film everything at the same time?

If my script calls for something more challenging than I initially thought, how can I reimagine the story or parts of the story to film it.?

What else do I need for the story that I don’t have yet or didn’t have in the script? Props, Actors, Locations, Equipment, etc.

• Jonathan Clement

I can film shots that I can section together later. I can film a character jumping one day and then film the same character falling down after they land another day. I can also film all of 1 character running 1 day and film my self running another. I can also have my actor film themselves and send me the footage for some shots.

I can ask for input. Then after asking for input I look for ways to simplify the situation by trying different methods. if I cant find a dog for my film, I can possibly get access to a short stock video. Or maybe I can draw a background i need and place it in my film.

I need a location. I have access to the equipment, I need a space where I can film that is not too busy and also I would need good weather since this will be filmed outside. As for actors i need to match up free time for us to work together.

• Michael Cannetti

Great stuff.

Thank you for sharing.

-Michael Cannetti

10. Zhigang Wen

1) I think I will film several small clips from different angles if I can’t film everything simultaneously and then combine and edit them in Adobe PR.

2) I will try to film other elements that can still connect with the theme of my video instead of the original idea.

3) I still need to adjust some of my video clips to make the whole video more natural. Also, I still need more clips to build a connection in my other clips.

• Michael Cannetti

Terrific!

Thank you for sharing.

-Michael Cannetti

11. Nicholas Albanese

1. If I can’t film everything at the same time, I believe that I can film some smaller indoor scenes that are meant to give off the same emotions as the original film. My film deals a lot with themes of unfulfillment and inadequacy and I believe that the inclusion of visual metaphors can evoke the same feelings of the film.

2. I believe I can reimagine the story to take place on a different but similar location. My film was originally meant to take place on a rocky shore area but since it was open to the public, my filming was open to interruptions. This is a huge problem for me but I believe I can shoot my film at a location that is more similar to evoke themes of sadness such as an apartment rooftop. Since my film has no dialogue, I can retool the script for the story to take place not on a rocky shore area but instead, an apartment rooftop.

3. I don’t believe I need anything else for my film. I am the only actor and I have all of the props at my disposal. However, I may need an extra set of hands to film as it is difficult for me to be the only actor as well as the producer.

• Michael Cannetti

Great stuff.

Thank you for sharing.

-Michael Cannetti

12. Mercedes Alvarez

1. If I can’t film everything at once I will shoot the same scene several times from different angles. I only have a phone to record with, but I’m going to see if I can have my family record with there’s at the same time from different viewpoints. If not I will just make us redo the same scene enough times.
    2. If my script calls for something more challenging, I will put into consideration what my resources are and what I can and can’t produce the way I imagined. So far I had to rewrite my script a great amount because I originally planned for it in New York but I had to go out of town to see family so my setting has changed. This changes a lot of things but luckily I still have my actress so the things I have to change are just based on the scenery.
    3. On the bright side, I have more actors for my film since I am with family. Equipment wise I only have a phone to record so I have to try my best to find ways to make it as professional as possible. I also have the props that I need like luggages, a phone and a hand map. If any issues arise I will have to adjust things as I go.

• Michael Cannetti

Great stuff.

Thank you for sharing.

-Michael Cannetti

13. Nicholas Vlassis

1) Usually film on weekends. Having free time I always draw storyboards does not mean losing track of time. Spending time figuring out how to film different angles cameras gives me guidance on how and where to film it. I always keep in touch with my actors if we have time to film in locations, for example, houses, sidewalks, and restaurants.

2 ) The most challenging part is the script. One of my actors is having a hard time because the script is long and it’s difficult to memorize. I could shorten the dialogue, cross out the words that make sense in the script. While shooting it’s easier for the actors to make them feel comfortable and practice with each other. It’s like having a conversation.

3) I have everything I need. I have to wait for one of my actors to have free time to film in their house and the restaurant. Sometimes the actors do not make it in time. In the beginning, setting the camera in the position and different angles communicate the actors to make it realistic, which needs a little bit of practice.

• Michael Cannetti

Good work.

Thank you for sharing.

-Michael Cannetti