project 3: Selfie Motion

This image requires alt text, but the alt text is currently blank. Either add alt text or mark the image as decorative.

The mood for my composition is surprised. When creating this collage I thought of changing the contrast and brightness of my image to a very dark color with little to no contrast. I made sure to add a very wide open mouth because usually when your surprised your eyes and mouth become wider. I’d say the focal point for my composition are the eyes and mouth because they have more brightness which pops out more than the background. The reason why I added a shade lighter to my chest is to balance out the bright eyes I added. I wanted it to represent a shadow of light as if I was hiding behind a closet door and to my surprise I found out something like a friend was talking behind my back, just an example. when being surprised you are known to be in shock depending on the news so I wanted to emphasize that in my composition. I did have trouble in actually trying to work with my image just because I started off with an image of myself having a smirk which can mean many different types of things and I didn’t want to go the easy way out and choose happiness although it would of worked best. I think I needed more work in demonstrating movement in my image because theres not much that there, I couldn’t really figure out what to do with that but next time I think I could play around with my facial expressions and create some body movement. Overall I’d say I did a good job in showing my mood.

1 thought on “project 3: Selfie Motion

1. Victoria Munoz

Love all the contrast in your collage! And I think the hand adds something to help translate the emotion you chose. I was thinking of doing a similar collage (using a hand), but wasn’t sure how to incorporate it. Really like the way your final came out.