Professors Montgomery Phillip | OL96 | Fall 2020

Discussion: Introductions

Please add a comment to this post introducing yourself to the class. You could include your academic interests, why you chose your major, what you enjoy reading, listening to, watching, and doing in your spare time, or anything else you want to share (include your pronouns, if you wish).

Before next class, please add your introduction and read the comments.

Get to know your classmates! Reply to one of your classmates’ comments. Do you have something in common? Did you learn something? Be kind.

1. danli

Hi guys, I’m Danli, my major is Electrical Engineering Technology, and it’s a major where you get to do a lot of cool projects, I have built a LED cube and a Beverage dispenser with my classmates in the past semesters. I like to travel, and enjoy listening to different types of music, my favorite sport is swimming, and I have a cat named Jojo. See you guys in the class!

• Citlalli Martinez

Hey Danli! It’s so cool that you created a LED cub and a beverage dispensor, is it hard to make a LED letter signs? What are some places you would like to travel to? Mine would be Osaka, Japan when the cherry blossoms bloom and Mykonos, Greece. I would love to hear from you!

2. zhebin

My name is Zhebin Zhu. My major is Computer System Technology, and this year is my forth year. I like to watch movie in my spare time

3. ZhuoYing Tan

Hello everyone, my name is Zhuo Ying Tan or you can call me Ying. My major is Architectural Technology, which you will learn a lot of fun stuff about architecture. The reason I’m studying this major is because I love architecture and I want to design a sustainable environment for our next generation. During my free time, I will like to listen to music and spending time with my pets. It relaxes me after working in front of the computer for certain time. Nice to meet you guys and Thank You!

4. Briana Burton

Hi everyone. My name is Briana. My major is communication design. My hobby is playing/watching basketball.

5. Milton

Hey guys, Im Milton my major is Computer Systems (IT) the reason why I choose this major was because of job/career opportunities you can take many different routes in the IT field. In my spare time I enjoy playing soccer with friends, traveling and spending good quality time with my family.

6. Juan Sanchez

Hi Everyone! I’m Juan and I grew up here in Harlem, NY. I’m majoring in Architectural Technology with the ultimate goal of becoming licensed as an Architect, contributing to and improving the built environment. Aside from that, I enjoy training Jiu-Jitsu, powerlifting and swimming on my spare time. I have also picked up cooking over the past year or so, hosting brunches, taco nights, etc. I look forward to meeting you all!

7. Tasfia Amir

Hello, I’m Tasfia. I’m majoring in architecture and pursuing the B. ARCH degree. I’m currently working as a teaching assistant at Citytech and helping first year students with their design studio class. I’m originally from Bangladesh. I was a science student in high school and math was my favorite subject. I love crafting, painting, sketching, and photography. The problem-solving aspect of architecture mainly got me into this field. I want to become an architect and start my architecture firm one day. I want to develop my professional skills to their fullest in order to help shape the world in a positive way.

8. alexanderisrael

Hi and welcome back to all, my name is Alexander Israel, my major is Electrical Engineering Tech and it’s awesome! I’m taking capstone this semester so I am aiming to build an outstanding project to end off. Also, my time outside the EET life consist of music, traveling and working out.

9. Bryam Zuniga

Hello, I’m Bryam Zuniga and my major is Architecture, and this will be my third year in citytech. In my free time, I like to read books, watch movies, or play videogames.

10. Farai Matangira

Hello everyone,
    My name is Farai Matangira. My major is Architecture. Some of my interests include reading and watching sports. I enjoy reading autobiographies of people I look up to as well as books that help me learn something new. I’m also a huge sports fan and I particularly enjoy soccer, football, basketball, cricket, rugby, F1 and many more.

I look forward to meeting eryone and learning from this course.

11. Aimei Chen

Hello, my name is Aimei Chen, you can call me Amy. My major is Communication Design. I like planting, listening to music and watching TV.

12. Richard Li

Hi, I’m Richard Li. I am majoring in Mechanical Engineering. I chose this major because machines fascinated me. On my spare time I enjoy listening to music and playing League of Legends and Valorant.

13. Vincent Volastro

I am Vincent Volastro, a senior Construction Engineering Student at NYCCT. Aside from my coursework, I am the Founding President of the Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) Student Chapter and Vice President of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) Student Chapter.

14. Citlalli Martinez

Hi! My name is Citlalli Martinez and I am a Hospitality Management student! This is my last year at City Tech, I’m super excited and sad at the same time since all labs have been cancelled. Labs are vital to me because I want to become an executive Pastry chef as my end goal either in the states or anywhere honestly. I studied abroad in Paris summer 2019 with my classmates which was an unforgettable experience! I love reading poetry books, I’m currently hooked on Hamilton the Broadway show and its album, I work at a Starbucks and in my spare time which is rarely I bake a lot for friends and family. Can’t wait to meet you guys!