- Date: TK
- Meeting Info: via zoom at link here
Color by the Numbers: Workflows and Devices for Consistent Color
- Understand what color calibration is and why it is important in our industry
- Learn about two methods to calibrate a monitor
- Become familiar with the Pantone Color Matching System to maintain a brand color across Color Spaces and Subtrates
- Learn how to set up a professional studio for consistent color with standardized lighting, neutral surrounding colors and monitor hoods.
As a Review of last week’s lecture and discuss, watch the Khan Academy’s Pixar’s Color Science Videos and take the Quizzes:
and review the RGB model:
Then, we will go over the following links:
We will be going over the Pantone Color Bridge today as well as learning how to calibrate a monitor using the calibration software in the Mac operating system.
We will review today the brand site for UCONN. which demonstrates how the principles we have been discussing are applied to a brand. We will also look a little bit at other companies with a strong brand color.
Below is a list of the resources we will be reviewing during class today.Regarding UCONN Branding:
Monitor Calibration Resources:
Visual Display Calibration Assistant on Mac
Today we will be doing a critique of our Classes Visual Quote Projects. Students will each present their concepts via zoom to the class as a group. These critiques will be interspersed in between our Discussion Topics.