Case study#2: Clemson floor collapse Johan.Bravo

If I were to investigate the floor collapse, I would go to the Department of buildings in South Carolina, and request any relevant information. Such info would include maximum  occupancy of the space, any modification to the structure of the building in recent years, original plans and specification, the amount of live load and dead load the space can handle, and the rules of the building as for weather event that include dancing are allowed. After going over all the information about the building I would assess whether there was a mistake in the building plans themselves, if the builders used the wrong material or did a poor job in the actual construction. I would also check if  there’s been any structural damage that  would have led to the collapse. Also if the residents were not using the space as it was intended to be used. As for who’s to blame, I would deem the owner guilty for not having enforce the rules of the building such as occupancy limit, and the residents of the fraternity who had possible knowledge that the space could not handle such an event.