My New York

My New York

Even though I only been in New York for three years, New York City have become my favorite city. I just feel like this is the place which provides all the opportunities for everyone become whatever they want.  This is where I’m fulfilling my dreams of become an architect, is the place where most of my love ones are. Is just a beautiful city. I love the simple way of walking down the streets, look at the buildings and see how tall an amazing they are, taking the train or bus. Everything seems to go so fast. Everyone is just trying to get to work or school and everyone is in their own business. I love New York, but this wasn’t always true.

The truth is that since the beginning I thought of New York to be the place with infinity of opportunities. Although I didn’t like it so much because I was so used to the life of a small country, living a more private life, in a big house and lot of space and coming to NY was nothing alike, we came to a small apartment in the Bronx, which we could hardly feed in. Everything was too tied no privacy at all, learning English finding jobs and getting used to the school was hard. When I first land in NY, I was very excited because everything was as beautiful as I saw it in TV, NY architecture was the first thing I looked at, the buildings and houses were just so different, never thought that this beautiful place wasn’t going to be as easy as I thought it was.

As the time passed by everything changed we overcome our difficulties, we learn the language, my dad found a stable job we got into school and we moved to a big house which my family owns. I heard a lot of bad things about the Bronx neighborhood but I can proudly say I’m from the Bronx, so far there’s nothing like my neighborhood.  We have two years since we moved here and everything have been as peaceful and safe as the first day. Now everything feels so comfortable in New York, and is very hard for me to say that I would live somewhere else, but New York.

This entry was posted in My New York and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to My New York

1. Hamsa says:

Everyone dreams of coming to New York but nobody knows how difficult it is to survive here. I think its really great how you adjusted very quickly and was able to survive Ny.

2. Adjusting to a new life in New York City is hard especially coming from a different lifestyle. Great job.

3. Baljinder says:

There’s a saying that “beauty has its perks”, and I feel that statement fits right into your view. Although I lived in NYC my entire life I sympathize with you on the part where its hard to have privacy. If I go to my parents country I feel the same luxurious feeling you felt back in yours. As an architect would you want to change anything about NYC?

4. You’re a trooper if it was easy for you to adapt to New York. Really good for you!

5. Coming from a different country is probably always hard to adjust to. Whether you are going to a different country just for vacation or you are moving there.

6. Keep working hard …. Eventually your dreams come true…good job.