Thompson Truong Hw 1

Thompson Truong

September 5, 2012

GRA 2330 Digital Photography

Flat iron building 2011 Jeff Liao

1. It is a scenery type of photograph.

2. The photographer may be trying to tell us about the everyday life of people. Showing the amount of boats moving back and forth tells us about the work people put in every day.

3. From the overhead view you can see low key has been used so the overall picture has a darker setting.

4. Technical matter does help the picture. From the overhead view the deep space of this photo can be seen and overall it shows the busy theme the photographer is trying to show you.

5. Yes it is. Perspective is important, when I look at the picture I look at the center of the picture first being that the picture is focused on the water. The deep space of the picture made me look from one ship to another and thinking about the photographer’s intentions.

6. At first when I look at the picture I thought it was just a photo of the scenery but as I looked closer I can see ships moving back and forth which made me think that the theme of the picture is the busy lives that people live through every day.

7. The photograph displays a busy type of theme such as the busy lives of people every day.

8. This photograph and his other photographs in the same series are alike because they mostly focus on the scenery of cities. It also shows a busy type of theme as well.

Filed under HW1

One Response to Thompson Truong Hw 1

1. Maybe I am unclear as to which photograph you are looking at but the Flat Iron building photo does not have boats? Are you describing the Fleet Week photo? If you are describing the Fleet Week photo certainly you are right that the overhead view and the deep space create drama and interest.