Jonathan’s Homework 1

The photographer I chose was Jeff Chien-Hsing Liao. I chose the photo Lynn’s Trapeze from one of his gallery which the theme was amusement parks. The photo can be an advertising ad about amusement parks. I believe Liao is trying to point out how beautiful Coney Island is, by the rides and the way people are enjoying themselves. I also see low key and contrast. In my opinion, Liao chose the whole photo as one focus point. I believe the photo does have some hinder but it doesn’t take much from the photo. In this photo my eyes does flow around since theres lights and different things that are happening. The physical impact that this photograph have are happiness and peacefulness. Many of Liao’s photos are amusement parks and stadiums. I believe he wants to explain how enjoyable and peaceful these places are and I strongly agree with him.

Filed under HW1

One Response to Jonathan’s Homework 1

1. This is a lovely photo which does make Coney Island appear very appealing.

Low key in English means something very different than it does in photography. Low key in photography means all the tones are dark. Here I think one of the successes is how warm and light the rides appear because Liao is using a long exposure at dusk when the lights first come on.