Journal Entry #4

In my internship so far, I have gotten more experience talking to clients, which, for right now, is just my supervisor. I’ve also gotten more experience getting feedback on my work, and then going back to my designs and changing them accordingly. During the Zoom meetings between my supervisor and I, she gives me feedback on what I’ve designed for that week based on her previous instructions. I usually provide various options, and get advice as to what to scrap, work on, or go forward with.

Something unexpected that became a big part of the way I designed was looking at and following brand guidelines. Early on in my internship, I was given Brooklyn College’s brand guidelines to study and use as a reference, which became very important when designing. The guidelines are very strict in certain aspects, like limiting what typefaces and fonts can be used, as well as graphics and textures. Every time I work on something for my internship, I have the guidelines open and reference it frequently.