Developed by Professor Goodlad + Professor Paruolo

Session #7, Vocabulary, Reflection

We invite you to tell a story about how you are preparing to be a City Tech student. Research has shown that first-semester students often worry about their transition to college, yet eventually they become comfortable and find a community of people with whom they are close and feel they belong. Share your own story of preparing to be a college student. *

* This reflection is inspired by the “Our Stories” project.

1. Jonaely

At first i didn’t know how to prepare myself for my first semester in college or how to do things to help during my first experience in college but now that i am in this program i have learned a lot of things to help me for this new experiences of becoming new city tech student. I bought a planner and this is important because it helps to have everything organized, decrease stress, and never miss a deadline. Another thing that i learned is how to use almost all the apps and websites that the professors may use in class and also find a ideal place for me to study. The most important thing is to review my classes schedule and syllabus.

2. Abrar alzawkari

On the first day I entered to City Tech, I stood in the middle of it looking at it and felt like I wanted to burst into tears,because that has been my dream for several years.But now I feel fear, excitement, and tension at the same time.But now I am ready for it and willing to endure every difficulty just to achieve my dream.

3. Abrar alzawkari

And I will never forget this program that helped encourage and prepare me to be a university student with confidence.

• endigo

It’s very good that city tech 101 has helped you, it has helped me too!

• Jonaely

This program was really helpful for my new experience in college

4. Shanelle Hall

The first day I entered to city teach, I stood myself I will get through it by encourage myself prepare me what coming next into my chapter. Another thing is that don’t miss the deadline of class homework or find a ideal a place for me to study. This way that I can achieve dreams and my goal.

5. endigo

I’m preparing to be a college student by organizing my schedule and reviewing my syllabus for each class.

• Jonaely

I agree with you!

6. HAROUNA SIDIBE

I’m preparing to be a City Tech student. I was uncomfortable about that idea and then I reached out to join First Year Student workshops. That’s workshop was very helpful for me. I learned from workshops for example how to find the resources I needed on the college Website and different departments in college and what service they offer. I also learned many college words which I need. In addition how can I get help in case of need. I got a guid tour of the college. Now I feel confident and confortable to begin the college.