Eva Machauf | COMD 3501 OL26 | Fall 2020

ONLINE DISCUSSIONS

Throughout the semester, there will be assigned readings and videos and you will be asked to participate in discussions offering your reactions and opinions. Always, you are asked to participate in these discussion with clarity and thoughtfulness.

For clarity, the topic will be labeled with the semester week. For example “Week 1: Proper Online Discussion Techniques”.

You will have one full week (Thursday 2:30– Thursday 2:30) to share your thoughts. This will be counted towards your Participation Grade.

Guidelines for participation:

• DO READ the whole thread.
  • Comment on the question after checking out any materials provided.
  • Don’t repeat other students.
  • Do reply to other students and build on their ideas.

Good Participation is to comment at least 2x per discussion. Once at the beginning and once at the end, after reading the thread so your comments are relevant.

For this particular discussion, you can ask a question, make a suggestion or just say that you understand.

Print this page

1. Magi Hossameldin

I understand and I wanted to share my thoughts after watching “The Art of Logo Design | Off Book| PBS Digital Studios” Youtube video that was provided. It’s amazing how logos can represent a message or an invisible word. I have always loved the how can a company tell its story or the meaning behind it, in an invisible way through a logo. When a logo design is based on simple ideas yet complex work, that’s how it becomes memorable to people, Therefore becomes successful too.

2. Jerry Neira

I found the video very interesting especially on this last phrase “ A logo can’t express but should express whats important”. The idea that a logo isn’t a brand but it’s part of the identity has me thinking about the phrase. People should won’t know what company is it or what they do unless they find a visual aid to help them understand. Its like when some people say ” I can’t place a name on a person unless I see their face”. I think this would be a good example. I understand better what creating a logo needs and what it has to be in the end

3. Li Yan

“The Art of Logo Design” Each logo expresses a particular feeling and meaning that bring to people. as time changes, the logo changes too. It feels great to see how each logo changes and the meanings behind it. I love the phrase” its an identifier but its also something that stands in for who you are”