RAB Proposal Paragraph – Migdalia Rivera

My research question is: how does the coronavirus pandemic have a negative effect on mental health ?  This topic interests me because my depression was triggered during the beginning of the pandemic and I secondhand witnessed  people’s mental health disintegrate also . When the corona virus first started in march 2020 it was a major shock to the world that caused huge panic . Many people were forced to leave their jobs . Schools , offices and facilities  were closed due to this terrible virus that we didn’t have much information on . Not many people were getting the help they needed like financial help or therapy. I know that the pandemic came blind siding and at the time we had no control . A lot of people received stimulus or Covid paid leave but I feel like that wasn’t enough at the time . Many people were struggling financially, including myself . This caused me to be in deep depression .Families were forced to stay home with their children and family because of no child care or schools were open only virtual learning . I know a lot of homeless shelters were back so they moved people into hotels  . In just America depression rose triple of the amount by the end of 2020 to 27.8% from 8.5% . I would like to explore more into whether people were depressed because of the lack of income or not being able to physically socialize ? ( i’m still brainstorming questions and other things)

4 thoughts on “RAB Proposal Paragraph – Migdalia Rivera”

1. Hello Migdalia, I’m interested in the topic you are researching as well. I think that you should try and find more about how people coped with this.

2. Hi Migdalia: Good writing — but

1. Have you revised this RQ — mental health of WHOM? Teens, college students. You need to refine….

OR

How has the pandemic caused depression to rise in young people, college students?

REfine your RQ.

2. THEN YOU NEED NYT Sources. GO to the SECRET PANEL off the to left of Unit Two Assignments on the assignments page. Start there. THEN SEARCH IN GOOOGLE : “NYT and (your revised RQ)”

3. Hey Migdalia, I like the topic that you chose and that last line really got to me. I hope you crack the case cause now I kinda want to know what led to to all the different increase of mental health issues. Do you think it can also be caused by social media normalizing it, so more people just came out?