Writing Task Mentor Quote-Alexander David

“My mentor taught me you can get over anything if you believe you can”

My old elementary school teacher told me to say and do these exact things to help me get over anything, pain, sadness, guilt, remorse, heart break, any thing that irks my soul. There were long hallways that look like they could go on forever. The sound off the light buzzing was like a quire off bees that never stops till the lights go out. the robotic building structure that was designed for kids to never wonder off and get lost. The creepiest thing I remember from my old school was a very long hall way where the lights had a midsection that has a dark spot like a gate to another zone and passed that was the “special kids school”(mentally challenged). It always creeped me out because it was like a forbidden zone to me, a whole new world were I wasn’t allowed. I was taught to [ place me arm out with what every burdens me and say these words “ill get over this”; then through me arm over me shoulder ]. The heaver the burden the harder you have to try to through it over your shoulder. This really helped me out during that era in my life, but the older I got the more I realized that life is meaning less and were all gone die alone at the end off the say, so the only thing you can really do is enjoy the time you have with the one you love and care for. Burdens come and go, but you have one life” I don’t plan on wasting mines”. In reality it help me because no mater how many times I mess up and did something stupid or incorrect I don’t let it bug me or let it linger I just move on with my life like everyone else. Also I got tougher skin so that a perk as well.

1 thought on “Writing Task Mentor Quote-Alexander David”

1. START WITH THE QUOTE. “You can get over anything if you believe you can.” My elementary school teacher Ms. XXX said this to me when ____.

Who said this? “my mentor” — who is this mentor? SHOW ME THIS PERSON! IF this is your old elementary school teacher, then give her name.

You: to help me get over anything, pain, sadness, guilt, remorse, heart break, any thing that irks my soul. [So what was the occasion? What pain, sadness, heartbreak was irking your soul when your teacher said this to you?

AGAIN YOU NEED TO READ INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE HW VERY CAREFULLY. Give the details for the scene when this happened. Who? What was happening? Where were you? Why were these words important to you? SHOW ME with details. Do not just tell. Remember you must create Theatre of the MInd. Think about the night guards as described by MX when he was learning to read in the dark of his cell. He gave me the details!

You write: There were long hallways that look like they could go on forever. The sound off the light buzzing was like a quire off bees that never stops till the lights go out. the robotic building structure that was designed for kids to never wonder off and get lost. The creepiest thing I remember from my old school was a very long hall way where the lights had a midsection that has a dark spot like a gate to another zone and passed that was the “special kids school”(mentally challenged). It always creeped me out (this part good, intersting and creates some images for the reader, but what are you describing here? Is it your state of mind? Is it a fear? What sparked this fear? WHAT EVENT ARE YOU WRITING ABOUT?

You write: This really helped me out during that era in my life [what was happening? What was this difficult moment in your life? Need the concrete specific details!]

You: I got the more I realized that life is meaning less and were all gone die alone at the end off the say (this seems very morbid. Do you really feel this way? Do you have this dark perspective? OR have the words, the quote from yoru teacher changed your dark outlook?)

Problem: I am not sure what scene, what event you are describing here. Pls read the instructions more carefully for this HW.