Success Tips – Mathew

Tip 4: Check the syllabus!!

I chose this tip because it is important to be informed of what’s going on in class. There are times when after my class ends I forget important pieces of information that need to be known for the next class. This most likely has to do with upcoming assignments and upcoming due dates for them. If I check the syllabus I can check for some updates or announcements to be right on track. Sometimes you can also forget about some articles or readings that you read in a previous class, and in case you have to go back and use them for future references it’ll always be on the syllabus.

Tip 7: Find study skills that work for you

I chose this tip because in college you’re gonna be studying for the majority of the time you’re attending. When I was in high school I was struggling with studying since I didn’t have an effective method. I was somebody who can get distracted very easily and it was hard to focus if I had a lot of things on my mind. I usually did everything on my own but now that I’m attending college I will start going to the writing center to help me out with my assignments. It’s helpful since you can also get in contact with people who are doing the same assignments as you. Something new I might do is check videos about the topic on researching about. It’ll be helpful to get a visual presentation from somebody more experienced than I am.