Success Tips–Brianna L.

Two tips that I find significantly personal for me and important are both understanding deadlines and getting to know professors.

Tip 5: Understanding a deadline is important because I wouldn’t want to end up being left behind on a lot of work. College isn’t like high school where you can easily do makeup work at the last minute. Either you do it on time, get half credit for doing it a little late, or no credit at all because you didn’t apply effort into your assignment. Doing no work also means not having good grades in class and failing. You don’t want to end up having to pay back money to financial aid just because you weren’t doing what you had to do in class. Being on top of deadlines benefit you when you have deadlines in your future career.

Tip 6: Getting to know your professors is also important because it’s easier access to tutoring when you need it. If you need help with certain things you do not understand during class, you can easily pull the teacher to the side and request office hours to have a one on one meeting with the professor. It’s always good to understand what you are doing instead of cheating. I wouldn’t want to end up cheating but when I get a test, I don’t understand the questions given and have no clue how to answer the questions as well. It’s also cool just to feel comfortable with the professor and the environment in the classroom while being taught in class.

1 thought on “Success Tips–Brianna L.”