Reading Response Colin Powell Esha

A quote I found significant was “My parents were disappointed when I told them that I was changing my major.When I announced my new major, a hurried family council was held. Phone calls flew between aunts and uncles. Has anybody ever heard of anyone studying geology”?. This quote is important because it shows that his parents were judging him on why he chose that major. Also I remember telling my parents that I wanted to become a chef and they didn’t support me because they thought that it would get me nowhere in life. I also remember my family members being disappointed at me for making my decisions I was getting judged the same way Colin was. This tells us about Colin that he was making the right decision for himself and he wanted to study.

2 thoughts on “Reading Response Colin Powell Esha”

1. The quote shows that Colin’s family was not happy with his choice to study geology. This situation is similar to many others who have faced similar challenges in going after what they love. Despite the disappointment from his family, Colin still wanted to study geology and this shows he is determined and confident in his decision. The quote also means that it’s important to make decisions that are right for you, even if other people don’t agree.