Nick Dufont – Project Proposal

My research question: Why does NYC continue to have a minimum wage rather than a Living wage? My message is that people know that working for anything under a living wage is unethical and shouldn’t be allowed to happen. I will also explain why people shouldn’t accept working for such low wages and why employers shouldn’t keep their wages so low. My target audience is minimum wage workers and employers who only offer minimum wage jobs. The genre I am considering for this project is an Op-Ed because it is the most effective way for me to present the facts that I have uncovered and give my own thoughts and personal experiences on the topic. My concern for this project is that there aren’t very many solutions to solving this problem and throughout the articles I have researched there weren’t any solutions. The mentor text I will use is “It is a Delusion to Think Having a Gun in the Home Makes Us Safer” by Nicholas Kristof.

1 thought on “Nick Dufont – Project Proposal”

1. You write: My target audience is minimum wage workers and employers who only offer minimum wage jobs. 

So why do these people need to hear your message. They already know it! THINK MORE CAREFULLY WHO needs to hear your message!