Practice Reflection – Bri

I agree with how students stop asking between the ages of 10-11 because when I was around this age, I did not like to ask questions. The reason behind this is because my teachers always shut down my questions. When I had a question, they would always tell me, “Now is not the time.” I was discouraged to be curious because whenever my hand is raised to ask a question, the teacher looks at my hand and continues speaking. I repeatedly heard “Save your questions for the end,” but there was never any time. If there was time for questions, I already forgot what I wanted to ask or I don’t care to know the answer anymore. In my experience, my questions are almost always left unanswered, and my curiosity dies down after a while.

2 thoughts on “Practice Reflection – Bri”

1. Hey Bri, I can relate to my teachers declining questions from students. Whenever I did have a question on something discussed at the beginning of class, I too would forget by the end of it all. I think that you did a great job connecting to Berliner’s point and being able to truly reflect upon it. I liked how you were able to make a scene that readers would be able to relate to. Overall, this is a great reflection and connection to your summary.

2. Hi Bri, I’ve also had the same experience as you. My teachers would say the same thing to me where they’ll be like “It’s not the time to be asking questions.” or like “We’re learning right now.” and at that moment, I just felt a little upset because it’s like what I wanted to ask doesn’t seem important and I had the thought of “Oh okay..” This definitely affected me growing up because I feel like I would consider myself a curious kid who tended to ask a lot of questions about everything and now, I don’t really ask questions. So I feel like what you wrote is pretty good because you were able to connect it to yourself and were able to put this writing into your point of view.