Success Tips – Dylan Merchant

Tip 1. Understand deadlines – this tip is especially important to me because I have always struggled with deadlines. I have poor time management skills and sometimes I get bored before finishing my homework and I just push it aside. But that’s because I knew my teachers used to accept late work with no penalties. But college is completely different, so I have made reminders on my phone telling me to check blackboard and open labs. I also have all apps that the school makes us use favorited for the easy access. I plan on doing everything differently and taking college much more seriously than I did in high school. I will no longer procrastinate and wait until the last day or after deadlines to do my homework.  

Tip 2. Coming to class – I have struggled with getting to school on time for the past two years but recently I have gotten better. In senior year of high school, I barely made it to class on time, but I never stressed it because I still always got my attendance. Even though teachers complained I never thought much about it because I was able to get my work done and never fell behind, but everything is different in college. We move through topics faster and it’s way easier to fall behind and be lost. I have already started to take being on time seriously and I plan on keeping it that way so I can get my work done and not be lost and confused in class