Writing Task Mentor Quote-Sindy

“I will do everything for you guys.”

When my mom said this, we were in the living room watching a show and joking around. It was about 9 pm during the commercial break and we began talking and she said it lovingly, so we moved along from the topic and concentrated on the show. After it was finished, I went to my room and I started thinking about it, it was stuck in my head. I started to think about how I didn’t want to let her down after everything she’s done thinking only about me and my brother and not herself.

My mom would spoil us a lot even till this day. I always appreciated it because she did everything, she can be able to give it us on her own. She wanted us to be happy but in return she wanted us to focus on our education. As I got older, I tried my best to always get high grades in my classes because I didn’t want to let her down. I put a lot of pressure on myself because I didn’t want to disappoint her. When it was time to choose a career for college, I felt very pressured because I had no idea what I wanted to choose, and I knew my mom wanted me to go to college. I researched a lot and saw how much each school cost and tried to keep a certain budget. I thought about how paying for tuition was going to be a lot for my mom as she was also helping to paying for my brothers. I was worried but my mom then came to me and said that she will take care of everything and support me. I realized I put too much pressure in myself thinking I will let her down and instead turned it into motivation into getting my degree. So someday I will be able the one to give her everything. 

3 thoughts on “Writing Task Mentor Quote-Sindy”

1. My mother was also like that with me and still is. I also put a lot of pressure on myself and still do since I’m her only child, so I want to make her happy even if I have to put so much pressure on myself.

2. The quote your mother said really happened from the majority mothers in the world. They always wish their children the best and want to give in their most energy to love their children. It really speaks to me because my mom also said that a lot of times. I also have a brother but due to family issues, he moved out and rarely connected to the family. No doubt that my mom had a broken heart as this happened since she loves me and my brother so much. It also drives us to pressure as we the children don’t want our parents to be disappointed. But it is glad that you get motivation from that pressure and want to be better in the future.