Success Tip — Joshua A.

Tip 1: Participate. This is very important because I don’t like to speak up in front of people I don’t know. In High School, it was different because it was the same people, I knew every year but in college it’s different. I’m going to try because I don’t want to lose valuable points and speaking is a skill I will need later in life. I’m going to try and speak up and answer questions in class. Another way I can participate is by collaborating with classmates during group activities. 

Tip 2: Understand Deadlines. When it comes to due dates I always procrastinate and that is an issue because I say I will do the work but end up doing it when the time isn’t right. I’m going to make reminders on my iPhone and probably buy a calendar for my room and put the dates there, so I remember. It’s important to get the work done early because if you wait too long you are going to have too much to do and get overwhelmed. In High School, I always waited till the last minute to get the work done. My teachers in high school would always tell me college isn’t the place to hand in late work all the time, and I’m going to try and take that with me.