intro-Michael

I am Michael Lema, I came to city tech to graduate with a degree in mechanical engineering. Hope to graduate in 2026 to get the bachelors. I am 18 years old, born on January 3rd, just 3 days into 2004 I was born in Queens, NY. I am Ecuadorian making me hispanic. My parents are religious so they named me after saint Michael. 

This is the home stadium I played in

Some interesting facts about me is that I am athletic. Growing up my parents never liked the idea of me being inactive so they put me into multiple sports, for example they put me in soccer, swimming, karate, and taekwondo. I was alright in swimming. For karate and taekwondo I didn’t have much pashine for them two but in soccer I am pretty good. I played in Ecuador for a team called “Club Independiente Azogues.” While playing I would play against pro soccer teams youth. In many of my games there would be scouts and I would catch the attention of them. Sadly my parents never liked the idea of me going pro so i had to return to the US. They believe that studies is the way to go so now I am here in city tech. Excited and hoping to get my degree in mechanical engineering.  

1 thought on “intro-Michael”

1. Your soccer background is so interesting. You actually have the build of a soccer player. I can imagine you are a good player. And to have had scouts watching your play, that sounds exciting. It does seem sad that your parents did not encourage a pro soccer path for you, but you will never go wrong with studying more. An education will always be an asset. As far as soccer, I assume you are an avid fan — so what is your pro favorite team? Are you on a NYC team for fun? Do you play pick-up soccer here in NYC?

Another question: Do you speak Spanish with your family?