Urban Walking in Brooklyn

My daily morning commute is just what you would imagine of your everyday New Yorker. A half mile walk to the J train station at Marcy avenue to rub shoulders and sometimes literally fight to get onto the train with the thousands of people waiting as well to commute. In as much the commute is not as enjoyable as I would love it to be, I do pick up a lot of things while I work. In the 5 years that I have lived in the Jewish populated neighborhood of South Williamsburg in Brooklyn, a lot has changed. With the rise of Williamsburg in the real estate industry comes a lot of other changes, on broadway directly below the J train line, you have new Condos with a stretch of stores restaurants and cafes. In the early morning as I walk to the train, Bedford ave is quiet with the exception of a few cars going by and the follow commuters who are headed to the train with me. This changes once you hit broadway, it is a whole different atmosphere because unlike Bedford, Broadway is a commercial street and people are already packed up either at the McDonald’s, Dunkin Donuts or the food trucks getting their breakfast to get them started for the day