Reasearch Paper

Finally I got to sit down and start gathering my thoughts on a research topic. I realized that a proper research paper like the one that Badke suggests is much more time consuming than the wrong type most of us have been doing thus far. The difficulties I found in starting the paper aren’t so much in choosing a topic as it is in narrowing it down to a good question that analyzes an issue. I chose a topic from the many that we have been discussing in class but they all are so broad and have too many ways that they can be approached. I think my next approach will be to just see where is there more research material that I could find for using as references, but i feel that once I have a specific issue from a topic chosen that it will aid me in concentrating my efforts better. I feel that in reality I can’t proceed until i have a good question or issue i want to analyze.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Reasearch Paper

1. Anne Leonard says:

For help with narrowing down a topic, refer to Badke’s examples in Appendix I and Chapter 2; he gives some weak examples of research questions and ways to make them stronger. ~Prof. L.