Media In The Digital Age – Pavlik

When we discussed in class that not too many newspapers and magazines are quick to try new means of publications and writing, I think that the statistic was an old one. The reason why I say this is because that definitely isn’t the case today in 2012. Maybe the newspapers were slow at accepting this initially but now, according to Pavlik’s article, it seems they have absorbed it with open arms. There is so many channels now through which one can post virtually anything on the web. I personally think its great that individuals can easily speak their minds and be heard.

Getting back to Pavlik’s article, news organizations have absorbed this new phenomena when I read that they even use “lay citizens” as a reliable source of obtaining images and footage that enforces a story that the news may be working on. This new method of obtaining material does help get news to the public quickly and doesn’t leave much room for editing, which makes it harder for things to be censored. This is a good thing as people can get the REAL story instead of one that newspapers can put a spin on. Its amazing how technology has made “gatekeeping” almost obsolete.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.