5 Questions

1. Redefine your topic as narrowly as possible.

I will look into the different schools/recreation programs available to children during the years between 1920’s to 1950’s and current schools now. I will also research and examine the funding the Department of Education receives from the city and how much of the funding goes directly to school programs.

2. What have you learned about the topic? Be sure you can document & cite sources.

There are little funding that goes into creating extracurricular activity programs for children.

3. What do you want to say about the topic?

How have the DOT system- rules and regulations affect the conditions of these public schools? What sort of funding goes into improving the performance of students? What measures are taken to do so, if any funding at all?

4. What do you still need to do/know/research to accomplish #3?

-Specific schools and their specifc location, demographic, and the programs offered

-DOT funding

-P.S. 307 & P.S 8 special programs

5. What is your game plan?

Monday and Tuesday I plan on revisiting the Lionel Pincus and Princess Firyal Map Room. I will redraw a copy of the Sanborn 1898, 1929, and 1941 maps of our area (Vinegar Hill) to document the different schools, recreation centers/churches.