Sessions 1-2 Arithmetic

Textbook Sections

1.1.1: Integers
1.1.2: Fractions
1.1.3: Order of Operations and Introduction to Expressions
1.1.4: Integer Exponents

WeBWorK Assignments

• Expressions – Arithmetic – Integers
  • Expressions – Arithmetic – Fractions
  • Expressions – Arithmetic – Introduction to Expressions
  • Expressions – Arithmetic – Order of Operations
  • Expressions – Arithmetic – Integer Exponents

1. Joselito Hernandez

Joselito Hernandez

MAT 1275

Prof. Lee

First Open Lab Assignment

Good evening my name is Joselito Hernandez, I am a transfer student from BMCC. I am currently majoring in Electronic Engineering.  I chose this major of electronical engineering because I am fascinated by all the aspects it entails. Practically everything in this world is being run on electricity and my questions and visions of the electrical world is so vast that I want to learn more to be able to have answers to my own questions.  A few of my academic interests are history and math.  My hobbies include, restoring vintage speakers, receivers, collecting and playing records, hiking, bike riding, spinning vinyl records and watching action movies.  I am a professional Master Barber, have been in this field of trade for 30 years now.  

Math is the one subject that many frown upon, but few cherish the joy of Math in our everyday life. Math became one of my favorite subjects when I took Statistics back in 2001, with this amazing professor who took his time to work with me one on one. He showed me how you could see math in everyday life.  That adrenaline you have when your neutrons and protons are in the middle of achieving that computational outcome that you never thought will be flourishing in your brain, ah amazing feeling. I do struggle immensely with the amazing world of Math, but like anything in life practice makes perfect, and having a great patient tutor (my oldest older who currently attend University at Albany) helps me as well.

I look forward in learning more from my professor and passing this class with a great grade.