Narrow Value experiment

Narrow Value
Narrow Value

Narrow Value Painting
Narrow Value Painting

I’m a bit  please with my low key value collage. My intention was for this to use a narrow range in a grayscale, which means using black, white, and mid-grey. Overall, to the human eye, it does fairly look a narrow key value, but when you search around it and really look, you can see that it used high light grays in certain areas, but it is too small and not used often to say that this was a broad key value. What you see as a circle was very unintended. I was just taping on random squares together, and because I was thinking about flow, it lead to a circle. Within the circle, there are lines that flow together in the same shape of the circle. All I had was that round circular shape, but my professor suggested that I use a line that makes it seem that the circle came from something, and is not just there. So I used another flowing line to guid the viewer to go from one place in the collage to that circle. My focal point and the emphasis in this piece is defiantly that circular motion and the lines that flow within it. This piece took my about 30 minutes to finish. I chose this collage for my painting just because there was meaning to it and a type of flow.  The painting was fun to do and took me about 3 hours to finish. I became even more familiar with some grays because mixing them together to get a grey you want really shows you the differences.