Broad Value experiment

Broad Value
Broad Value

Broad Value Photoshop exercise
Broad Value Photoshop exercise

In my high key value, I chose to make my collage broad. This means that I used a large range of grey from high light to dark light grey, black and white. To be honest, this did not come out as I expected because the original picture of me was actually a low key value photo, it was mostly dark, so it was a little difficult making a high key value collage with a range of dark grey. Despite this problem, I used all the high light grays in my picture, and even put in white paper to create that high key sense. I also had to keep in mind where I wanted my focal point to be, where the emphasis on the collage is, and what the movement looks like. Compared to low key collage, I don’t think these areas fully apply to this piece, but there is line movement that goes from the top of the page and as you follow it, it then bends a little to create an arc. Again, this is not my favorite, and as I was doing it, I felt it wasn’t going to be good, so it kind of shattered my self esteem, and it all just looks bad. But I think I nailed the focal point, or where the emphasis is on this because the middle part is where your eye mostly lands on, there is noting important throughout the whole collage that can distract you from that. Overall, this took me about an hour to do, considering I didn’t really like, and stopped to just stare at it for 40 minutes.  This was my collage that I used for my photoshop exercise. I took my original portrait and arranged it in the way this collage was done. I am very familiar with photoshop and I love it so this was a fun exercise.