Blog#2_ Interviews & Trainings

https://pixabay.com/vectors/recruitment-interview-selection-job-6838250/

Before enrolling in the internship class, I have talked to people who recently graduated from City Tech. From the talk that we had, I noticed that we are supposed to have an internship before the class starts. So I was looking on OpenLab, Linkedin, Indeed, and all those sites that are for job openings. I have applied from many sites. However, I applied for most of the jobs through Linkedin and Indeed. For the jobs that I applied for, I usually got the result within a week by email and phone calls.

The jobs that I got accepted are Calling All Graphic, Brooklyn Navy Yard, Service Corp, and Charter School. Based on the position, schedule and wages. I picked the Brooklyn Navy Yard. The interview that I had with the Brooklyn Navy Yard was a group interview. The interview is about 5 to 6 people (Iā€™m not sure but around that, because I notice that thereā€™s someone who didnā€™t attend the interview). The interview was a virtual interview on Zoom, itā€™s a relaxing and fun interview. All of us are introducing ourselves by sharing what are we interested in, what our major is, what school we came from and I made friends after this interview. So I would say everything was smooth and soft.

After I landed my internship, my supervisor found me for a one-to-one meeting./ Her name is Tokunbo Anifalaje. We used to call her ā€œTKā€ and I asked her why she called ā€œTKā€ when I first had a one on one meeting with her.Ā  She told me that is becauseĀ  her name is long and it’s hard for people to pronounce. So she shorten her name as “TK” and most of her friends call her that way as well. From our one on one meeting, I found out that she is the supervisor for the business department. I was being placed on the program Moving Past A Million, which is a female business program. Where I have to do flyers, business cards, and brochures.