Smorgasburg- Juan Torres

On November 5th, 2016 I attended the first Smorgasburg of the winter at Williamsburgh inside the Savings Bank Clock Tower. It was an interesting visit as the flea market is split into two sections. On the ground and upper level there are vendors that are selling clothing, souvenir, and more. While the food vendors are all in the level below. To get into smorgasburg you have to pay a small entrance fee of $1 which is not bad at all.img_2365

Smorgasburg is right around the Barclays center in Brooklyn and the Atlantic Terminal. Upon entering smorgasburg you can see all kinds of people from tourists to residents in the area. I already had a plan of what kind of food I wanted to try, burgers. Burgers is one of my favorite foods and I’ve heard a lot about the ramen burger. At the ramen burger stand they offered The Original, The Veggie, and the Teriyaki. I went for the original, it cost $10 for one. The line was quite long and it was a short wait. As soon as you bite the burger you can taste their secret shoyu sauce. The sauce was sweet but not too sweet to overpower the burger itself. The burger also came with scallions and arugula that added texture to the burger. Yet I was a bit disappointed with the ramen buns because they were a bit chewy. Yet I would definitely have it again. img_2361img_2362

The next thing I tried was the season sandwich at the Duck Season. The season sandwich went for $12 and it was bigger than the ramen burger. The season sandwich was a good sandwich that came on a brioche bun. The duck on the sandwich was tender and well cooked. The sauce was a bitter-sweet that complimented the sandwich. It also came with pickled cabbage that gave it a sort of crunch to it. While it was a good sandwich it would of have been a better sandwich with the bread not being soggy with all the excess sauce it had.img_2367img_2368

Smorgasburg was a very unique experience that I would like to enjoy again. I only had two foods for the different varieties it had to offer and each food would have its own unique twist to it. It’s definetley something to go over again to experience all the foods it has to offer. Though I did accomplish my goal of trying out burgers, the ramen burger and the season sandwich, and out of those I would say that the ramen burger would be my favorite. Smorgasburg is something to experience at least once and I’m glad I did and will definitely be going back!

One thought on “Smorgasburg- Juan Torres