Visual Quotes

The quote I used is “Play with matches you get burned”. It’s from the movie Pulp Fiction, said by the main character, Vincent, played by John Travolta.

For the first quote, I made the word “matches” by using actual matches. I used a font that would make the rest of the words look like it was written in crayon for the other words. I did this because when I think of the word “play”, I think of kids that play, which is why I thought of crayons. I changed the font color for “burned” to black to make it seem as if the word itself was being burned. 

Second one, is not too different from the first. I made fire go on three of the words, as if it’s spreading. Also added some smoke in the middle while making the words at the top look like it could possibly be a font from like a button that says “play”. 

And this third one is by far my favorite so I saved it for last. I wanted to make it look like a person was holding a burning match. You know how the tip of the match starts to kinda fall to the side when it burns? I tried to do that with the word “burned” and made the ‘D’ a little bit bigger to make it seem like the tip of the match. I made the background black to make it look as if they were in a dark place to create a luminous light around the fire. This idea was actually inspired by a designer named Nicholas Moegly who is known for creating luminous work that makes it seem as if there is light coming from his work. I absolutely enjoyed looking through his work, and decided to create a little luminous look for my own!