About Me

Me in a sunflower field 😀

I’m Kayla, and I love to draw, paint, and create digital art. I’ve been drawing since I was about 11 years old. We had to choose a talent at my middle school, M.S. 51 in Park Slope, Brooklyn. I didn’t know exactly what I was good at, at that age. So I chose art as my talent, since I knew I had fun with creating things and doodling. This was when I discovered I was good at controlling my pencil to draw things I see, hidden talent that I finally let free. For all three years of middle school, I had to take that class, and I loved it. As the years go by, my drawing has improved so much. I love creating art and learning new techniques. I enjoy the classes I take at my current college, New York City College of Technology, because they’ve definitely taught me a lot that I needed to learn that I didn’t know about just yet. I’ve made logos for clients, and flyers for vending events. I’ve also done shoe and water bottle customization for events at my current job, Peloton.

I’ve gotta say, the people in my life have been the best support system. They really helped me follow my heart and study what I love, always encouraging me to try and study something I’m passionate about (I was doing nursing, and well, I was kidding myself because all semester I was drawing in my notebook not being able to enjoy what I was suppose to be learning). It can be a little hard trying to figure things out, but once you do, everything just feels so much more easier and enjoyable. I’m an art lover, animal lover, and I love sunflowers. I work for Peloton, and because I love working there, I hope to one day be apart of their creative department in their headquarters which requires a Bachelors Degree.

I just wanna say, everyone moves at their own pace, so never be afraid to figure things out. It is never too late!