Role Model

A woman that was on the team I worked with was a role model to me. She was always so open-minded yet truthful about her critique. She encouraged me a lot with my work and when I asked what she liked to do, she said she loved drawing and painting and that is what got her into the design world. It was such a coincidence because that is literally what got me into wanting to study communication design. She seemed so happy and energized all the time, and it wasn’t only because of her morning coffees! She greeted everyone with a smile and a good morning every morning, would laugh and joke when appropriate and was just always fun to talk to. It is people like her that make a workplace so wonderful. But looking around at the whole team, everyone was just so nice and kind, even when it came to sharing their opinion on something. It felt like a dream team.

One thing I felt I did pretty good with was the 1K shirt because when I first presented the idea, I had the logo in between the 1 and the 0s, and it looked like it said “I Poo club” because of the placement. And others started to say they felt that there was something about it that looked wrong, but couldn’t quite put the thought together til I said it. So I switched the placement of the logo and they told me it was much better.