Week 10: Vitamin C Thread

Weekly, new skincare topics are talked about. A post I worked on this week for SA is about Vitamin C. For this project, I work with the research team to create a small thread that displays the difference between anhydrous v.s. water-based formulations. This project did take some time for me to create and design. While the research team worked on the text I researched on finding images that correlate to Vitamin Cand some inspiration on layouts for my design process in a 1080×1080 layout. Once I found the images that I needed I gathered them in Adobe Lightroom and developed the images to B&W. The application I used to create the designs was Adobe Indesign. My boss, Ekta, has an account with Canva. However, to me that application is confusing so I use the Adobe Suite because I’m more comfortable with it. Nevertheless, some designs layouts are already there that I will need to follow if I’m doing a design post for a guest that is coming on the podcast.

As I began to design my pages, the research team sent me the final text for this project. I went over the text to see what information and topics I needed to add and how was I going to organize the information. Once I completed this, I used the color theme tool on Indesign to pick up the color from the images so I can have a sense of the color I was going to use for this project. As I mentioned in my previous posts before SA is in a new chapter where we are now following an all grayscale and B&W theme. All artwork must follow this unless specified otherwise. I used one serif and one sans serif typeface. I created a total of 15 pages of artwork for this thread and only 10 made the cut. After I finished the designs I sent them to my boss and she loved them all. I also sent the research team the designs so they can confirm I added all of the information that should be included.

So far I have created a lot of artwork for SA and this was my favorite work I’ve done besides the video edits that I did in my first weeks of interning with SA. The post has reached a little over 2,000 likes on their main social media page. I can’t believe that many people liked the thread. If that’s how many liked it, I can’t imagine how many viewed it and saved or pinned it.