Week 14: SA is Ranked 100 for Beauty Podcasts

Skincare Anarchy has reached 222 episodes and is ranked 100 on apple charts for beauty podcasts. It has been truly been an honor to work with Skincare Anarchy and to be able to be a part of this moment. I know this means so much for my boss, CEO, and founder of SA. It’s a big milestone for SA. So many hours and time is put into making the episodes for the podcasts. The guest that have been on SA is truly inspiring. We have had dermatologists, doctors, journalists, CEO of skincare famous brands, and more on the show.

To celebrate SA, my boss has asked me to create artwork to publish this milestone on social media and for SA’s newsletter. This project out of all the artwork I have done for SA has been the one where I did feel the most pressure to make. To add, it has been a busy week for me as well since this all happened right after Thanksgiving. I am taking 6 classes and finals weeks is very close. This project did take me a few days to complete because I have classes and my personal project from school to complete.

Aside from already having all of the information sent to me by the social media team. I had to do some research of my own. I had to create two different types of artwork. One for the newsletter and another for social media. I had to brainstorm and analyze the information that was sent to me to see how was I going to lay out the final designs and in what order. After this, I began to search for the images I needed. I also wanted to include some of the guests that were interviewed in the art, so I had to also find their headshots, edit their photos on Lightroom, and then cut them out on Photoshop. (All of the images in my artwork is founded on Unsplash) As far as color and typography, I have an Indesign file that I have customized to hold the swatches and type I’ll need for any artwork SA may need. After I have all my images edited on Lightroom I save them in a folder and began to design the layout for 6 pages. Once I was done I sent them to the social media team and my boss. Shortly after, they both got back to me and approved the art. My boss loved the designs and has offered to give me a full-time position with SA.