A New Role & Wrapping Up the Semester

These last two weeks have been very hectic. To wrap up, I created slide show where you can see all the work I did for SA. On the other hand, finals week is very close and my time with my internship is coming to an end– or so I thought. In the first week of December, my supervisor has reached out to me personally and offered me the opportunity to become Art Director for SA. My ears couldn’t believe it. I began my journey with SA in late September and just in three months I got promoted. This is such a huge milestone for me and I am so grateful for the opportunity. I am so delighted to be a part of the team and keep on growing with the company. It is clear to my supervisor that I understand the look she wants to showcase for SA and for her to trust me and my eye for the design of SA means so much! From the colors to the typography to the images– everything.

I believe what helped me create all the art I did for SA was researching the company. In addition, keeping in contact with my supervisor. Towards the beginning she made it clear the look that she wants to showcase for SA and I immediately took note of that. As a designer, my opinion is out of the picture. Ekta is my client ( or I see her that way.) When working for someone I learned that is important to always ask questions and understand what the client wants to showcase. As a result, any art you create can be approved right away. Not doing this can make you keep working on the art until it’s approved. To add, you do not want to present the client work that isn’t what they asked. The look that SA goes for is all in the grayscale (B&W.) SA has an elegant and minimalistic look. Sometimes when I get stuck on a project for SA I look for inspiration and do some research of my own. Then, I collect many images and create a mood board. A great site that helped me find high-quality images for free was Unsplash. Most of these images for all my artwork came from that site.

Altogether, after this next journey with SA comes a paid position. More than anything I did make it clear to my supervisor that any artwork I create, she gives me credit or when it is posted on social media. Now, when she posts the artwork on the main platforms she tags my social media or puts my name. This means a lot to me more than anything. I can’t wait to keep on growing with SA and see where it goes. Big things are for sure coming for SA this new year–I can’t wait!