COMD 1100

Linear/ Movement Assignment

Project #1: The Line/Movement assignment was the very first project we did in the semester. Here we learned how we can show movement through by a variety of lines. As you can see, I chose to show movement by having thick and thin lines and making them go in the direction I thought was best.

To begin, in our sketch books we began to sketch some drawings lightly with our pencils. After a few trails, we then chose one sketch and finalized it by using a black Sharpie pen. To make the lines thick or thinner, we would use a finer point. To finalize and we erased any smudges from the pencil.

Texture Exploration Assignment

Project #2: This assignment was my favorite out of all of them. I really love how it turned out. I do believe if my cutouts were more precise it would have a nicer clean look to it. If I would have to do this project again, I would do it, hands down. It was in a way sort of a challenge for me, I kind of didn’t want to end. My patterns/the theme I was going for changed each time in both the left and right side, until I finally felt pleased.

To begin I first brainstormed what I wanted to do, so I looked for textures that had similar colors, yet I had to keep in mind that they need to have similar styles and tones. After going through many magazines my first choice on the left was black textures, then blue textures and then beige/white… yet I didn’t feel quite satisfied. Until I moved on to the right side I knew for a fact I wanted to follow all the colors of the rainbow; and that was my challenge. because 12 textures for me wasn’t enough. I wanted to go outside, beyond the 12 textures and keep expanding outside the box. But after many trails and errors. I came with two successful collaborative textures, except for my weak cutting skills, I’m extremely satisfied.

“Spots” Drawing Assignment

Project #4: This assignment was a challenge for me, because you had to think out the box.  We had to create our own spots and after many sketches. I came to three different “spots. ” This project was truly difficult for me, again, because you had to develop our own spots with a pencil and ebony. Each trail was different because the variables changed depending on what we chose and we had to write how are we using them in each drawing.

I notice that I did lack with the middle and last trails because more spots needed to be added and there wasn’t. I also could’ve made a choice with the last trail by making the spots more larger in size.