Week 12: App Review Part 1

Whatsapp is a popular app that many people use to make voice and video calls, share images, documents, current locations, and other content. The biggest perk about this app is that as long as you have wifi you can do all of these things. I could be in Hong Kong and send my family a call or photos and they’ll get it instantly with no additional fees. The app is available for any mobile device all over the world. You must have a number to connect or create an account on Whatsapp. After that, you’re all set and again, as long as your phone has an internet connection you’ll avoid any SMS fee. It’s a great app to have to communicate with family if they live in another country. This app can be used for work purposes too. After the pandemic, many of us shifted to work remotely. Sometimes we don’t live in the same city. Most people I know have the app on their devices and use it to communicate with one another than regular text messaging.

The app allows you to send important documents such as PDFs, JPEGs, PNGs, GIFs, you name it. You can also send slideshows, videos/films up to 100 MB. So easy to send and receive to whoever you want. All without the hassle of manually emailing the files and waiting for them to load or worst-case scenario having to download another app to share the files. For my internship, Whatsapp was the app we used to communicate and share important information. You can send messages privately one-on-one or create a group chat with up to 256 participants! That’s a lot of people, but the great thing is that you can name the group, mute, or customize your notifications. I know sending long messages can take some time especially when you’re busy with other work. However, the app also has a feature where you can send voice messages. My boss would send voice messages from time to time when she would assign an important task or needed to announce upcoming prime deadlines. If the voice message is long, you can change the speed from 1x to 2x to listen to the recording faster.

If you ask me what I think about the app, I indeed dig it. You cannot go wrong with it in any way. As you can see, there are so many great features that I previously reviewed. The app was released in February 2009. I have been using it since 2012 and with each update I make, constant new features are to be looked at. I relish how it lets me control my contacts, who can contact me and customize anything I want from my name to my status and privacy settings. The app is exceptional for people to communicate with each other worldwide, and it’s free! The app is available for download on the Apple Store (iPhone), Google Play (Andriod), or your Mac or Windows PC.

Source: Whatsapp.com