Hip Hop Music

HIP HOP MUSIC

Dreams and Nightmares by Meek Mill is expressing how it was a struggle to live in the hood and much harder to become something. In the beginning of the song it says “I used to pray for times like this, to rhyme like this

So I had to grind like that to shine like this”. This brings out the fantasy of what he dreamed of and how it can become a reality. Which is probably why he titled his song Dreams and nightmares. “See my dreams unfold, nightmares come true

It was time to marry the game and I said, “Yeah, I do”

If you want it you gotta see it with a clear-eyed view” . The dreams are for starters trying to  get out the hood. When the “dream unfolds” it’s starting to fall in place and that’s when you start to progress. But also the nightmares won’t go away because you have dreams. You have to not only acknowledge them but face them as well.

Never let me down by Kanye west gives off that racism is an issue in society that people need to be more aware about! He starts off by saying “Racisms still alive, they just be concealin’ it

But I know they don’t want me in the damn club

They even make me show I.D to get inside of Sam’s club”. The act of Racism has been hidden from everyone but it can never be fully hidden because Kanye still feels these actions upon him. Out of everyone he’s the only one showing I.D to get into a club everyone should be able to walk right into. This makes him feel unwanted already and then he probably feels because he’s black they cause extra problems and give him a hard time. But he also knows his history and his background.

“I get down for my grandfather who took my momma

Made her sit in that seat where white folks ain’t want us to eat

At the tender age of 6 she was arrested for the sit in

And with that in my blood I was born to be different”. by having others go through what he goes through he realizes he needs to inform others about these racist acts through this song. He also admires the people who faced these cruel punishments . Some people probably wouldn’t even be able to handle that everyday. But nobody should be going through that at all.

Lose yourself by Eminem creates this statement on how you don’t need to think you just got to do it. “ His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy

There’s vomit on his sweater already, mom’s spaghetti

He’s nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready

To drop bombs, but he keeps on forgettin’

What he wrote down, the whole crowd goes so loud

He opens his mouth, but the words won’t come out”. There’s a bunch of lines here explaining what happens when you overthink. Eminem shows what it can do to you and how it can effect you. But he also lets us know that it can only effect you if you let it get to you. If you know how to do something there’s nothing you should be afraid of. “You better lose yourself in the music, the moment

You own it, you better never let it go

You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow

This opportunity comes once in a lifetime”. This reveals what happens when you just do rather than planning on a perfect move. Nobody can “boo” you if you don’t allow them to. Eminem is basically saying to not give anybody the opportunity to shun you out. You have to believe in yourself and have the confidence to do what is necessary.

Dear mama by 2Pac talks about what his mom goes threw ”You always was committed a poor single mother in welfare tell me how ya did it” by saying these particular words it shows that he views his mother as a strong women and how 2Pac admires her. ” The road got rough your alone your trying to raise two bad kids” by her doing that by herself it taught her how to be more independent her path had ups and downs but mainly downs because she had plenty of issue when it came to money which is the reason why she was struggling

Energy by drake explains how his positivities is being drained by people that have negativity “got a lotta enemies got a lotta people trying to drain me of this energy” drake demonstrates that people with lot of hate comes after the people that have positive energy. He also feel people personally attack him because of the best energy he has “I bought this one a truck

I bought this one a house, I bought this one a mall” this is an example of his generosity by him getting people what they want or need it shows how kind and thoughtful he his most people probably wouldn’t even attempt to do the things he has done

Lucid dreams by Juice wrld  expresses his feeling about a girl that hurt him and how he mix feelings for that girl “Can’t take back the love that I gave you It’s to the point where I love and I hate you” he express he gave this girl so much love and it’s to the point he can’t take back because he had so much love for her and at the same time he hates her because she cheated on him “You found  another one, but I am the better one

I won’t let you forget me” he also explains since she replaced him he saying I’m the better than your new and he doesn’t want her to forget him when she is with her new boyfriend