Reflection on Annotated Bibliography

Yasminah Carmela Jn Baptiste Raymond

My chosen genre is speech. I selected six speeches from black leaders in Haiti and in the United States. Therefore, all of those assertions reinvigorated their audiences. To do that the leaders expressed spiritual words that could urge black and white Americans , Haitians to take actions. The most interesting thing is they were courageous and strong. I describe them as strong and courageous because even most of them and their nations  faced racism, slavery, and unemployment experience those black activists tried to solve those issues instead of putting themselves down. Upon this idea a reader might feel that those speakers tried to solve the problem in their society through their hard work. In summary, the main goal of black American leaders and Haitians leaders was we can overcome racism, slavery and unemployment through cooperation.

According to the sources of my genre, they had some differences and similarities between Haitians and Americans History.

African Americans were in slavery similarly as the Haitian. However, both of them experienced racism differently. I mean that black Americans were discriminated by only white Americans because of their skin color. But, Haitians faced their prejudice of black skin color by Spanish and French. For the case of Haiti’s experience of racism, I think during that time they only had black Haitians in Haiti, the only people who were white were the Spanish and French colonizers as contrary to the United States. Another dissimilarity was those two nations didn’t release from slavery in the same  way. During the colonial period the Haitians slaves defeated their rival which was French and gain their Independence. Accordingly, For the black American even after the Emancipation proclamation to freed slavery, they were no more in slavery  but they were still not really free because in most places in their country African Americans still underwent discrimination, and sometime some of them were killed for their skin color.

From the ex president of the United States speech which was Barack Obama, a listener might believe that his biggest dream was to remaking America a bigger country through cooperation.

I’m eager to do some research about the difference and similarity between black and white Americans culture. I also want to know how the African American became really free during the twentieth century.

Accordingly, I know that today Haiti is an undeveloped country and most Haitians politicians betray their nation to become rich. Sometime I asked myself if president Jean Jacques Dessalines and the slaves didn’t put together to make Haiti an independent country who else is going to achieve that?

Most Americans love their country. I want to know if United States was poorer than Haiti do most politicians would betray their country to become rich or not? I ask myself this question because in a developed country the government control the finance as contrary to undeveloped country.

My genre can be useful for a reader who want to know more about History of Haiti and the United States.

2 thoughts on “Reflection on Annotated Bibliography”

1. In the self reflection annotated bibliography for hip hop lyric i learn that most hip hop song have a colloquial and direct tone. they use colloquial tone to make people understand their messages. the most important idea about that is hip hop artist tend to describe their life in their song
    In the self reflection annotated bibliography for reggae music i learn that reggae is common in the Caribbean. the most important idea is this kind of music can influence the life of people.
    In the self reflection annotated bibliography for civil right speaker i learn that in LjB’ activists said ‘we shall overcome. The most important idea is civil rights speaker tent to push people to take action.
    in ”No Role Modelz” song by Cole Jermain i thin her mother should explain to her how and her father passed away.

2. In the self reflection annotated bibliography for hip hop lyric i learn that most hip hop song have a colloquial and direct tone. they use colloquial tone to make people understand their messages. the most important idea about that is hip hop artist tend to describe their life in their song