COMD 4900 Spring 2020: Staying Motivated

Susan Stryker Poster

I am finding it very difficult to stay motivated among everything currently going on. Not having supervision is making me kind of lazy, and even though I have time I am finding it hard to come up with new ideas, and new design inspiration. I have been looking on design websites as well as design magazines such as HiFructose for design inspiration. However, it is not helping much.

I agreed that I would work on the next posters that I was supposed to create. The next poster is for a Mentorship Luncheon. I think I am just going to focus on creating a typography based solution, something simple that gets the point across. I will play around with colors to give it a more bold look, but that is all I can think of right now.

I wonder how other artists and designers are handing this isolation. I was under the impression that since I have time on my hands, I would like to create. However, I am finding that quite the opposite – since most of the world is in a state of fear and mourning now, it is honestly really hard to stay afloat and do everything as if it were normal. Hoping that once this is over I can have some sense of creativity back, but as of now – this is all I can really do.