COMD 4900 Spring 2020: Working On A Film Poster

Brother Outsider Poster

After talking with my Professor, I was concerned that I would not be able to meet my required hours for the course. In order for me to get credits for the class, I will have to acquire 120 hours by May 1. At the rate I am doing hours, I am not sure if that will be possible. I have to discuss with my supervisor, to see if there is anything else I can do to fulfill my hours.

This week, I am working on another poster. I forgot to mention in my previous posts, that I am working on advertising on social media as well. For the social media advertisements, I simply have to format the design I already made, into a square format for Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. It is useful to see how these designs work on different social media channels – but it also makes me wonder how the center can work on possibly branding themselves, so that everything looks a lot more consistent and streamlined.

Of course the designs are good now, but I know everything will look a lot better if certain fonts and colors are kept consistent. That’s a possibility I can discuss with my supervisor later.

The next design I am working on is one for a screening event. The center is working with multiple other resource centers and clubs on campus to host a screening of “Brother Outsider”. I researched about the film and decided that I would take a different approach than I usually have been.

I decided to take a photo of the main character, edit it in Photoshop and use a Duotone color. I then took some bold, san serif font to contrast against the photo. I made sure to look at a color wheel to make sure all the colors really coordinated well.